5 Ways To Get More Customer Reviews And Testimonials
Customer reviews and testimonials not only prove your business is legitimate, but they’re also a powerful advertising tool. Unfortunately, most local businesses find that just a small portion of their customers leave a review.
So how can you encourage yours to leave more? Check out these 5 simple tips that can help you get results.
1. Ask them! Simple but effective, actually asking your customers for a review often works. When you go out to lunch, notice the waiter will usually ask you if everything is ok. Businesses don’t tend to do this when they sell products or services.
So, following on from a purchase, send a quick email to ask for customer feedback.
2. Add them to your website. While customers can leave reviews on independent sites, many aren’t willing to go out of their way. If you add the option for reviews to be written on your website, you’ll start to get a lot more.
3. Offer an incentive. Nothing is quite as effective as an incentive. Offer a freebie or a discount to customers who leave a review. Even if they weren’t overly impressed by the product or service, they’re going to be happy you’ve offered an incentive, increasing the chances of them leaving a positive review. Do not offer an incentive for a 5 star review that’s against the terms of many review sites.
4. Snail mail. It might have been taken over by digital communications, but snail mail can still be a very effective way to get customer reviews; particularly for local businesses targeting local customers. It adds a personal touch and the customer is much more likely to pay attention to direct mail they receive.
5. Link your reviews. Got some great useful reviews? Link to them on your website. It makes the customers feel great and encourages more to review your services in the hope of getting noticed.
Contact me if you would like professional help with your review process and online reputation